SSVC Annual Gathering and AGM, Victoria Farm, Friday 28/04/23 - Monday 01/05/23

Dougie

Staff member
As next year is the club's 40th birthday we are doing all we can to make it a weekend to remember.
Things are still in the planning stage, but there are a few decisions made that I'd like to share.
The prices for camping have been kept the same as they have been for quite some time, £15 per night for members, £20 per night for guests, except for this year, if you are a member and you're in your split, you will pay a 'Back to 83' camping price of just £5 per night.
Also, non-members in splits will be made welcome, they will pay the guest price unless they join, in which case they will get 12 months membership and 3 nights camping for the price of just 2 nights. Memberships are still being held at £25 per year.
All the usual stuff you would expect from the weekend will be there, the convoy to Stanford Hall, Sunday night quiz and charity auction. With no Government decision yet we are working on the assumption Monday 1st is still a Bank Holiday.
More to follow....

As next year is the club's 40th birthday we are doing all we can to make it a weekend to remember.
Things are still in the planning stage, but there are a few decisions made that I'd like to share.
The prices for camping have been kept the same as they have been for quite some time, £15 per night for members, £20 per night for guests, except for this year, if you are a member and you're in your split, you will pay a 'Back to 83' camping price of just £5 per night.
Also, non-members in splits will be made welcome, they will pay the guest price unless they join, in which case they will get 12 months membership and 3 nights camping for the price of just 2 nights. Memberships are still being held at £25 per year.
All the usual stuff you would expect from the weekend will be there, the convoy to Stanford Hall, Sunday night quiz and charity auction. With no Government decision yet we are working on the assumption Monday 1st is still a Bank Holiday.
More to follow....
Looking forward to it.

Sounds great looking forward to it we need to raise the profile of the club either that all destroy all t5s plus whatever else they call them lol.

Sounds great Dougie! Maybe we should introduce a new trophy to be awarded in recognition of 40th Birthday. Nice to have one that could be given to a bus that hasn’t just been restored that year?

Sounds great Dougie! Maybe we should introduce a new trophy to be awarded in recognition of 40th Birthday. Nice to have one that could be given to a bus that hasn’t just been restored that year?
Nice idea, we have been thinking of a new category or two, 'All my own work' 'Highest mileage in the year' , yours sounds like the 'Daily driver' trophy they used to have a BVF.

More to follow....
Hey Dougie, what’s the best way to book electric?

Electric hook-ups are now all pre-booked. I don't know if there's a "reserves list" in case of cancellations.

As I won't have my bus on the road, can I just come and camp?
If your membership is up to date you are welcome in any vehicle that will get you there. You will pay £15 per night and the convoy is strictly splits only, but you'll still have a brilliant weekend. See you there

Dear SSVC forum - we are new in here, having bought 'Werthers' in Dec '21, intrigued if any of you know the van. (D reg LHD 66 plate Seagreen/white 11 window original). Very keen to join our first event at this years SSVC main gathering. Am i missing something as not seeing any booking/registration details email or web link etc anywhere in msgs above or the event page https://www.ssvc.org.uk/pages/87-events. Please help

Dear SSVC forum - we are new in here, having bought 'Werthers' in Dec '21, intrigued if any of you know the van. (D reg LHD 66 plate Seagreen/white 11 window original). Very keen to join our first event at this years SSVC main gathering. Am i missing something as not seeing any booking/registration details email or web link etc anywhere in msgs above or the event page https://www.ssvc.org.uk/pages/87-events. Please help
You do not have to register or pre book, just turn up on the day and pay on the gate. If you have any questions them please feel free to email me at president@ssvc.org.uk . See you there

You do not have to register or pre book, just turn up on the day and pay on the gate. If you have any questions them please feel free to email me at president@ssvc.org.uk . See you there
Thanks @Dougie, was wondering how all electric hook-ups could be pre-booked if no route to booking !
Looking forward to trundling along to the event and especially being part of the 40th anniversary and Sunday convoy.

Sorry, I thought it was on there somewhere... Electric hook ups are booked directly with Victoria Farm but unfortunately they have all been booked for this year

Back