front speaker installation/wiring

ernie

front speaker installation/wiring

Post by ernie »

Can anyone give me some inspiration/suggestions on installation & wiring of front speakers?
Have seen them mounted in front kick panels, which would make it nice and easy for the wiring, but would that sound crap as I assume there wouldn't be much bass?
Or could cut into the door trims, which i would have thought will sound better, but then how do I run the speaker wire to the dash - I could have the wire coming out of the hole for the check strap, but the A pillar is double skinned do looks like I would have to have it on show on the cab (inside) side of the A pillar then going behind the kick panel, so with the door shut, you would see a bit of wire exposed between the shut door & the edge of the kick panel (hope that makes sense).
I am only using 13cm £30 speakers at the front (Pioneer or similar) for a surround sound or when I need to take the volume of the back more-meatier speakers when the kids are in the bus.
Also, what is the maximum depth of speaker that will fit in the front door?

Cheers,
Ade.

shaggy66bus
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: front speaker installation/wiring

Post by shaggy66bus »

RUTLAND HARDCORE CAMPING POSSE 2005/06/07/08
http://www.rulowenough.com

ImageImage

nodding dog68

Post by nodding dog68 »

got mine in doors 6", wire comes through hinge drilled hole through skin then its behind front kick panel

wrapped them up in plastic because of rain leaking down door :lol:
works fine

simons121
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Post by simons121 »

I got 5x4's mounted behind the front kick panels with grills cut out but with vinyl still intact - can hear them but cant see them!

6x9's under the rock n roll bed. 5" components in the overhead unit facing down and the tweeters facing forwards. A 12" sub under the corner seat. All hooked up to a 6channel amp and a Kenwood head unit - chose that as it has 3 RCA outputs so can balance up easier. Works a treat but chews throgh the lesuire battery at full chat 8) 8) 8) 8)

Now hidden by the bulkhead cupboard....