clutch release bearing

nodding dog68

clutch release bearing

Post by nodding dog68 »

well i jumped in it the other day fired it up,foot on clutch bang !! pedal went soft ish,clutch cable i thought
no turns out release bearing had come off.Both clips sat in the bottom of bell housing,so i replaced bearing (new one) and clips all back together out for a spin
about 4 miles down the road its come off again :( :(

standard clutch 200mm, early release bearing been in there quite happy for quite a while, some long runs

thinking it maybe the springs on the clutch are shot ????????? or clutch is just shagged ??
strange how it did it just sat there tho, was fine the last time i drove it :cheers:

tonuptony

Re: clutch release bearing

Post by tonuptony »

Ive found that the clips can be a problem to fit. They are easy to bend and therefor lose some of their "clipping" ability and then become slack. When you put it back together try closing the open end of the clip a little with a pair of plyers and then carefully put them back on.

Also check for any obvious signs of damage to the shaft and thre bearing
EZ Camper

vwJim
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Post by vwJim »

You can get HD clips too, if you need it for your 'style' of driving. :wink:
Supplying quality in house designed items plus parts from SyncLink, Kennedy Clutches, & CB Performance. Also fitting service including modifications & mechanical upgrades.

nodding dog68

Post by nodding dog68 »

yeah clips were pinched up a little before fitting, although i will say didnt seem really tight

still cant see how it can be 'forced' off though ??

bos

Post by bos »

My clutch did the same. One of the forks that operate the bearing broke off. You can fit the later cheaper clutch but you need the operateing arm and a converter tube that fits in place of the gearbox oil seal. Later clutch dosent have clips