A forum for magazine article ideas

Moderators: Sally, Caroline

Terry
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Issue 218

Post by Terry »

Received my magazine today.
It was long awaited as 217 only had Seedlings birthdays to September and my Granddaughter's birthday is October. My daughter founded the Children's Club (Seedlings) back in 1997 as a teenager. She started the page and packed it full of stuff sent by children in the club, quizzes, puzzles, word searches, jokes, colouring pictures and information about what activities were being arranged at events. Along with this but just as a small part she included a list of children who had birthdays so that they and their parents could see their names in print and feel special. Birthday cards were also sent out. As time has gone by the Seedlings page has become little more than a birthday announcement list. Imagine how I felt when the latest magazine has completely missed listing birthdays that fall in October, November and December.

Amanda's first baby and my first Granddaughter will be one year old this weekend and the club that has been a huge part of our lives have failed to print her birthday best wishes !! I obviously am not the only person that this error will affect as there are lots of children with birthdays in the omitted months :(
[color=#800080]Just for the record YES I am female and YES Terry is my real name!![/color]

Fighting Motor Neurone Disease
http://www.mndassociation.org
Dougie
SSVC Committee Member
SSVC Committee Member

Re: Issue 218

Post by Dougie »

Terry, please accept my apologies, this is an oversight and obviously not done deliberately.
I can confirm your granddaughter is on the list for a birthday card though.
Amanda's efforts were very much appreciated, my own kids were young enough to get involved and enjoy the activities she organized.
SSVC Club President
SSVC Committee - Membership Secretary
Terry
SSVC Member
SSVC Member

Re: Issue 218

Post by Terry »

Thank you for your reply. It has just been something I looked forward to (silly really) being able to have a copy of the Seedlings page with Josie's name on it.
[color=#800080]Just for the record YES I am female and YES Terry is my real name!![/color]

Fighting Motor Neurone Disease
http://www.mndassociation.org