1964 RHD Devon

If you've a bus for sale this is the place for it!
When something has sold please mark it AS *** SOLD ***

Topic Author
Aircooledmadfamily

1964 RHD Devon

Post by Aircooledmadfamily » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:36 pm

1964 RHD Devon with original interior units.

For sale is my 1964 RHD Devon. I have owned this bus for the last 2 years during which time I have spent approx 20K getting it to the point where we have finally been able to use and enjoy 'Bad Bob' (see number plate) over the summer. We have covered about 3000 miles this summer since the engine and running gear rebuild without any problem including a 1200 mile trip in 9 days to Cornwall during July.

Original Devon interior units including original flintstone flooring / hob / cooler etc.

Fully rebuilt 1835cc engine last winter (Covered approx 3000 miles since) Running great and fully serviced approx 100 miles ago.
Twin empi 40's, engle cam, full flow oil system, external oil filter. I'm very much a steady driver but she will sit at 70mph all day long.

New straight axle kit / adjustable spring plates. Type 2 detectives narrowed front beam. Lowered enough to look right but still drives very smoothly. Great gear changes with a CSP shifter. Original South Africa Sprintstars. After a lot of work 'Bad Bob' really is a pleasure to drive. Running drums all round but still stops as it should. 7 lap belts (3 in the front and 4 in the back)

Re trimmed in the spring by Bromsgrove Auto trimmers who have done a fantastic job matching up the new door cars / seat covers / curtains / head lining exactly with the originals. (They also re fitted the orinal pebble dash floor tiles in the rear which I had in boxes)

A very original looking Devon ready to jump in and enjoy.

MOT until end of May 2020. I am happy to renew it if required.

We are an aircooled mad family. Only selling as at the moment we are working on my daughters 56 oval beetle and I fancy a change. You know how it is you always want something that you haven't got. May consider taking a part exchange for something air cooled and interesting, cash either way. Try me !

Sorry about the upside down photos. I'm not sure why they keep being uploaded like that !!

I don't need to sell so am not interested in low offers. Viewing welcome / advised. I'm always happy to put the kettle on.

Vehicle located in North East Lincolnshire

Asking price £41000
Attachments
Camper 12.jpg
camper 23.jpg
camper 22.jpg
camper 20.JPG
camper 21.JPG
20190530_144258.jpg
camper 18.jpg
camper 19.jpg
20190321_171017.jpg